The Vatican (Vatican City)

When I was in Rome I visited the Vatican and it was so impressive! That why this is a extra long post with pictures to show you how amazing the Vatican is. I'm not religious but still I was soo impressed!
 
The Vatican is in Vactican City.
Vatican City, also called the Holy See, is a tiny sovereign independent state. Vatican City is only .44 sq. km. and has a population of less than 1000. Vatican City gained independence from Italy on 11 February, 1929. In 2005, over 3.8 million people visited Vatican City.
 
The Holy See is the seat of the Catholic religion and home of the Pope since 1378. The pope lives in the papal apartments in the Vatican and the church of the Pope, St. Peter's Basilica, is in Vatican City.
 
 













































 

1 comments:

  1. It's amazing I went there 2 yars ago and was very impressed too :) Great pics!
    Bj S

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!
-
Roxanne

 

INSTAGRAM Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet me!

My photo
Roxanne | 20 | AMFI student | Girl | Dutch | Tilburg | Amsterdam | Fashion | Art | Music | Photography | Tattoos | Festivals | Concerts | Culture | Food | Lifestyle | Vintage |